Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ice Storm

"For everyone who is tired of all the snow, how about some ice instead?" ~front page of our local newspaper

Of course my local friends and family are welcome to read this, but I'm writing this thinking of my far away family and friends in a warmer place.

 The ice on the trees is beautiful but dangerous for the trees and the power lines.


Bamboo and ice do not mix so well.
 Brother sucking on an icicle.



It would have been dazzling if the sun had come out but alas, no sun, only fog.  Hopefully we can go back to school tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The pics are really great! We left a day early for NYC because of the forecast. Wanted to make sure we didn't miss our flight to Grenada on Wed. While on that "Isle of Spice" Katrina introduced me to the Grenadian cookbook you made. It was really good and if you won't mind terribly, I'd love to have a copy. Our whole family liked the food. We came home with 10 bags of custard powder to make snow ice only to realize after we were home a day that cornstarch is the main and only important ingredient in the stuff. Oh well some you hit and some you miss. At least it was cheap! Nicholas enjoyed the country so much that he was wondering why we can't move there or he said "some third world country". I do believe we are a house of wanderers. About the cookbook though...you can contact me at foxesinc@ptd.net. Let me know about any costs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete