Monday, July 15, 2013

How Do You Say Good-Bye?

I'm going to miss the adults.  I will miss the youth.  I will miss the older children that have changed from babies into pre-teens while I watched. It will be hard to leave the people who have become some of the closest friends I've ever had.  Still, I know I can come back in a year or 2 or even 10 and they will smile and say my name.  We will be able to sit down and catch up on the time missed.  Even though life has gone on and many things have changed, our friendship will still be there. 
It's the littlest children that will be hardest to leave.  Today when I pass them, they call out my name.  They want me to stop and hold them or invite them over to play with my toys.  When I come back the next time, they won't look the same.  They probably won't remember my name.  They might even run away when they see me coming.  I want to see them grow up, but a few pictures may be as much as I will see.
I pray that someone else will take the time to pick them up, invite them over, and show them the right way to go.  I pray that they will grow up to make right choices and live lives that honor the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment