Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life in a New Place

The sad good-byes are over and almost a week has passed since I flew away from my home of eight years.  "How are you adjusting?" people ask.  I'm not.... yet.  Right now, other than hanging my clothes in the closet and putting the suitcases away, it feels like a normal summer.  I usually fly back to visit my family and friends.  So far it all feels quite normal.

That said, there are few things going on that are not normal.  First of all I unpacked nearly everything I own and am still working to make places for all of it.  Then I purchased several sweaters, very warm sweaters.  I have not made quite as much effort to meet friends and see people.  I have all year for that.  

Today I stopped at a mattress store to look at the mattresses.  I had no intentions of paying for delivery or hauling one home in my little car so I made it clear that I was just checking to see what they had to offer. The salesman told me, "It doesn't make any sense to go in and out of stores and not buy anything."  I decided there must be better bargains elsewhere that he is afraid I will find.  I plan to find them.

And here are a few pictures that I've taken since I returned.  
 We took Grandpa and Grandma to visit "the store".

 Just documenting how high the corn is for a friend that wondered.

 Roasting "bread on a stick"

I enjoyed hanging out with friends this weekend.  I'm grateful to have friends that have welcomed me back each summer.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing them a bit more than a few weekends a year.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the states, Amy! It's good to find your blog and it will be good to hear your thoughts on re-entry. Hope the adjustments will go well for you. I'm here also now, but just "visiting" this summer. love!Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, re-entry is so beautiful and so hard! Praying you find His companionship very real!

    ReplyDelete