Sunday, July 21, 2013

Only 2 more days

As I come down to the last several days, I am coming to realize a few things about good-byes.  First of all when you need to say good-bye to everyone that feels important to you, you will probably miss someone.  It actually has little to do with how much they mean to you but more to do with figuring out when you are seeing them for the last time.  Also, when you live somewhere for 8 years, there are a lot of people to bid farewell and they don't all come looking for you and you don't have time to look for all of them. Unfortunately.  There is no way to make every single moment feel as special as it seems it should feel.

As I mentioned before I have been on a mad chase to capture as much of my life here on pictures as possible. Here are a few favorites...
 My plate of oildown at the farewell party Ms. Annie hosted for me.  I didn't take many pictures that night but it was a truly special night.

 One last trip to Vendomme.  I was disappointed to not see all the children.

 She was 2 when I moved here.

 Town



 Saying good-bye to Selena...

and Zoe.

Tears come in the weird times right now but not when I would have expected them.  So many changes about to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... in some ways I feel as though I'm leaving Grenada too. Praying for you as you finish packing and saying good by to friends. We can't wait to see you at the airport! Mother

    ReplyDelete